Monday, May 2, 2011

When in the Garden... Creating with Birdhouse Gourds

Creating with Birdhouse Gourds


I've had some Birdhouse Gourds stored away for many years and finally brought them out to be turned into real Birdhouses. I researched a bit on how to prepare the gourds to be used for birdhouses and found some great links. Here are a few below:

Great Birdhouse Gourd instructions

Purchase Hard Shelled Birdhouse Gourd Seeds

More Great instructions


 Selecting a gourd


 Deep concentration
Cleaning out the inside of our gourds after drilling the holes

 A freshly painted birdhouse

A Mother's Day birdhouse gourd

 My birdhouse gourd 

I plan to drill holes in the bottom of each gourd to allow for drainage and holes at the top to allow for a hanger. I'm very excited to get this beautiful birdhouse out in the garden. I'll be sure to take pictures once it is finished.

Hope you have a creative day,

When in the garden

2 comments: